Unbelievable how time flies.....
20 years ago I was working as a general manager for a local general remodeling contractor and having a good time doing this. However with a nudge from my bride we decided if this is what I wanted to do for a living, why not do it for myself. after a lot of discussing, we decided to venture in the entrepreneurial word and believed our connections would help in our success.
A huge part of what we do here at The Cleary Company is enjoy life. I wanted to make sure that I was in a business that would fulfill my personal goal of being happy. I knew my business had to be something I enjoyed a lot (bringing happiness to people's lives) and I wanted to surround myself with friends and great people. We wouldn't be here today if it weren't for some key players. Rob Lindeboom and John Speese, two of our Lead Carpenters, have been here with me at The Cleary Company for 20 and 17 years respectively. I owe them a lot for all their contributions!
I attribute the company's success to these key values:
- Always treat the customers with respect and be fair with our pricing
- Build a great project right the first time and it will lead to a lifetime of referrals
- Employ the best folks you can and treat them like family
- Constantly improve our company's policies and procedures
- Think and live outside the box
- Have fun doing what you do
Keep your eyes/ears open for our 20th anniversary party; it will be something fun you won't want to miss!